
Genre:
Action/Drama
Rating:
PG-13
Release Date:
September 25, 2026
Run Time:
1 hr 41 min
Directed by:
David Ayer
Social Media:
Cast:
Brad Pitt, J.K. Simmsons, Anna Lambe, Justin Melnick, Shaun DeZern
Uber, Seeka, Ryker, Hondo
Plot Summary:
After a harrowing plane crash, Special Forces officer James Belmont (Brad Pitt) and his combat dog, Odin, find themselves stranded deep in the Alaskan wilderness. Together, they are forced into a brutal fight for survival against the elements. From acclaimed filmmaker David Ayer, Heart of the Beast is an intense adventure thriller that explores the unbreakable bond between a man and his best friend as they face their greatest battle yet.
~~~~~
*My Thoughts*
This Review contains NO spoilers
I walked out of the theatre in tears.😭 Heart of the Beast is an emotional story revealing the depth of the bond between dog and his handler. But, that's just it... They are not just dog and handler. It goes deeper than that. This movie revealed just that. The story flowed and told their story of their struggles after their service in the military... the peace they are both yearning for.
The cinematography and the panoramic views of the terrain throughout the film is stunning and treacherous, all at the same time. Heart of the Beast created a deeply emotive story between these two characters that immersed me, and probably most everyone that watched this movie, into their journey and fight for survival. Moreover, I found the film's pace to be methodical and purposeful to relay the deep bond both James and Odin shares. Although it will seem slow, but I found the pace to be deliberate in order to chronicle James and Odin's trek through the wilderness.
I highly recommend this poignant story of loyalty and love, especially to the dog parents that can absolutely relate to these characters. I would definitely watch it again in the theatres... 🤣🤣🤣
My rating:

.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment