Friday, November 15, 2013

Flowers In The Attic Teaser Trailer

Lifetime will have a TV movie adaptation of V.C. Andrews' controversial bestselling novel, Flowers In The Attic!



Check out the teaser trailer!

Flowers In The Attic weaves the gothic tale of four young siblings, two boys and two girls, who, after the tragic death of their father, are torn from an idyllic life and subjected to cruel emotional and physical abuse resulting from a dark, long-hidden family secret. Abandoned by their mother, Corrine (Heather Graham), and forced to endure unimaginable treatment living in the attic of their grandparents' mansion, the children form a family unit of their own. But as the oldest boy and girl come of age both emotionally and physically while caring for their younger brother and sister, their family's sordid past entraps them further as they try to survive and escape from the harsh conditions in which they live.


Cast 
(from IMDB)

Heather Graham as Corrine
Ellen Burstyn as Olivia
Kiernan Shipka as Cathy
Mason Dye as Christopher
Ava Telek as Carrie
Maxwell Kovach as Cory
Dylan Bruce as Bart
Chad Willett as Christopher Sr.

I definitely remember reading the book! V.C. Andrews was one of my favorite authors. I absolutely loved reading her books! Her books were so hard to put down! I have read all her books that she has written before her death...since then, I haven't been able to get into the books that followed which were written by a ghost writer.

Then there was a 1987 film adaptation starring Louise Fletcher and Kristy Swanson. What a HUGE disappointment. I was so put off with the film that I became VERY skeptical about film adaptations staying true to the books. I guess I am somewhat critical when I do watch these film adaptations. With the trend of making novels to films, I am finding that more and more of these films are staying true to the book...especially the majority of the audience watching these films are the huge amount of fans of the books. I'm one of them....hahaha!! 

There's an unofficial website dedicated to V.C. Andrews and her books, created for fans! Check it out here:


Check out the original cover and the stepback illustration of Flowers In The Attic!
 

Flowers In The Attic will air on Lifetime January 18, 2014 at 8 PM (PST).

I am definitely excited! I want to watch this...see how true to the book this movie adaptation is said to be.

What are your thoughts...awesome nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment