Thursday, January 29, 2015

BLOG TOUR: Knight in Highland Armor by Amy Jarecki


Welcome to the Official Blog Tour for Knight in Highland Armor, the first novel in the Highland Dynasty Series, by Amy Jarecki!

Genre:
Adult Scottish Historical Romance
Series:
Highland Dynasty Series, #1
Publish Date:
January 1, 2015
Publisher:
Rapture Books

Synopsis:
Grieving from the death of his wife, Lord Colin Campbell listens to the cries of his newborn son whilst penning a missive to the king. With no marriage prospects, Colin petitions his majesty for help in finding a stepmother. Never again will he fall in love—the death of a woman brings more pain than losing a whole contingent of men on the battlefield.

Feisty, quick tongued and smart, Margaret Robinson is delighted when her father receives a messenger from the king…until she discovers what news he brings. In a sennight, she will wed the notorious Black Knight—her life is about to end.

Tension builds during the wedding and deteriorates from there…until an accident draws them together. Just when their love begins to blossom, a dire request arrives from the Pope. Colin must join the Crusades at once.

Their fragile love is forced to withstand the seductions of hell—Margaret tempted by a scoundrel laird—Colin courted by Satan himself. Aye, the war for Christendom could very well ruin their dreams forever.


   

~~~


~~~~~

**About the Author**
Amy Jarecki loves Scotland! She holds an MBA from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and now resides in Southwest Utah with her husband where she predominantly writes historical romance. 

Amy is the president of the Heritage Writers Guild, and a member of the Celtic Hearts Chapter of the Romance Writers of America and lectures on writing topics.

Amy’s first published novel, now titled Boy Man Chief, won the League of Utah Writers award for Best Manuscript, and the St. George Spark Book Award. Since then, she has won many other writing awards. Her novels, Captured by the Pirate LairdThe Highland Henchman and Beauty and the Barbarian achieved bestseller status on Amazon's Scottish Historical Romance genre list. 

She sends out a newsletter occasionally to announce new releases. Sign up through Vertical Response on the top right corner to be added to Amy's mailing list.

Stay connected with Amy Jarecki
    

~~~~~

*My Thoughts*

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

It has been a while since I have read any historical romances, but I am glad that I read this one. Plus, this is the first book I have read by Amy Jarecki. With that said, Knight in Highland Armor was an enjoyable, yet intense, read. I was totally blown away at how quickly I was "transported" to this era and "endured" all the hardships and obstacles these characters had to endure. It also had it's fair share of mystery and action/adventure.

Amy Jarecki had me from the first chapter! Her ability to create a setting and characters that can be "seen" so vividly in the imagination was incredible. Although the book did tend to drag on a bit, I quickly got over it as I continued reading Margaret and Colin's story. I was even intrigued when I read that this book was loosely based on the legend of Colin Campbell, the First Lord of Glenorchy. Hmmm...very interesting. Yeah, so at the end, read the Author's Note. It was very interesting, and Amy, after all her research, created this amazing love story filled with hardship and loss, betrayal and redemption.

I was definitely at the "edge of my seat" as I got closer to the end of the book. My heart raced and my breath hitched, I had to know if these characters will have the ending to their love story that they deserved...especially after enduring all those trials and obstacles in their relationship. I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series.

My rating:

~~~~~

***The Giveaway***



Blog Tour Organized by

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine - Thank you for featuring Knight in Highland Armor on your blog today. And special thanks for taking the time to write your insightful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was totally my pleasure! I look forward to a second book in the Highland Dynasty Series! :)

      Delete